Monday 23 November 2009

the letter and worried transplant post..

Today I have recieved a letter from Dr C, I emailed the transplant team a few weeks or so ago I had been looking into single lung transplants because have researched on the internet that they are easier to perform / get and with me being so short, and it being 3 years in april I have been awaiting not including the 7 months it took to go and see them, with no false alarms. It kinda really makes me scared that my new lungs just aint coming.. His letter starts off on a really positive note, harefield have done 36 lung transplants this year compared to the 19 they did in 2006 and I raise my baileys coffee to those people who have been transplanted .. It goes on to explain that because of my OB and the showing of bronchiectasis on my CT scan that the I can't have one lung transplanted..  'if we left these behind in one of your native lungs and only transplanted one lung you would suffer servere complications with infection. This could be life threatening and certainly would have a very servere impact on your quality of life' .. so my extra bit of hope has sodded off out off the window ahh..

On more me matters I am still waiting for my results on my rabbit section in my course really want to know if I have passed I haven't started the new pet obedience one yet, and will have to soon, i've got the local drs ringing me later because of this cold i've got and hopefully they will give me something that makes me feel abit better..
update, pred is back up to 30mg and on some augmentin again great me thinks not lol

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed