Sunday 8 November 2009

can't sleep and this is beautiful


 I Wish you Enough
  A touching story.
  Recently  I overheard a Father and daughter in their  last moments  
 together at the airport. They had  announced the departure.

  Standing  near the security gate, they hugged and the  Father said,  
 'I love you, and I wish you  enough.'

  The daughter replied,  'Dad, our life together has been more than   
 enough. Your love is all I ever needed. I wish  you enough, too, Dad.'

  They  kissed and the daughter left.  The Father walked  over to the  
 window where I was seated. Standing  there I could see he wanted  
 and needed to cry. I  tried not to intrude on his privacy, but he   
 welcomed me in by asking, 'Did you ever say  good-bye to someone  
 knowing it would be  forever?'

  'Yes, I have,' I replied.  'Forgive me for asking, but why is this  
 a forever good-bye?'.

  'I am old, and she  lives so far away. I have challenges ahead and   
 the reality is - the next trip back will be for  my funeral,' he said.

  'When you  were saying good-bye, I heard you say, 'I wish  you  
 enough.' May I ask what that  means?'

 He began to smile. 'That's a wish  that has been handed down from  
 other  generations. My parents used to say it to  everyone..'

 He paused a moment and looked up as  if trying to remember it in  
 detail, and he  smiled even more.

 'When we said, 'I wish you enough,' we were wanting the other person to  have a life filled  
 with just enough good things  to sustain them.'

Then turning toward me, he  shared the following as if he were reciting it  from memory.
  I wish you enough sun  to keep your attitude bright no matter how grey  the day may appear.
 I  wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun even  more..
 I wish you enough happiness  to keep your spirit alive and  everlasting..
  I wish you enough pain  so that even the smallest of joys in life may  appear bigger.
  I wish you enough gain to satisfy your wanting.
 I wish  you enough loss to appreciate all that you  possess.

  I wish you enough hellos  to get you through the final good-bye.
  He  then began to cry and walked  away.
  They say it takes a minute to  find a special person, an hour to  
 appreciate  them, a day to love them; but then an entire  life to  
 forget them.

  TAKE  TIME TO LIVE....
  To  all my friends and loved  ones, I  WISH YOU  ENOUGH




No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed